FAQValuable Information About Molluscum Contagiosum and ZymaDerm®
Frequently Asked Questions for Safe Molluscum Treatment
What is ZymaDerm®?
- ZymaDerm® is a natural topical agent to aid in effective and safe molluscum treatment. It is plant-based, non-toxic, painless, and contains no drugs. ZymaDerm has been clinically tested for safety and efficacy, and your satisfaction is assured with our money back guarantee.
- ZymaDerm® is unique and unrelated to anything currently available by prescription for safe molluscum treatment. Rigorous, MD supervised, placebo-controlled clinical trials demonstrated marked improvement in the appearance of skin in children with molluscum treated with ZymaDerm®‘s principal ingrdients for 30 days.
- ZymaDerm® is effective in adults who have molluscum contagiosum. It is safe for use on the genital areas.
- ZymaDerm® contains iodine, echinacea, and thuja in a soothing tincture of M. alternifolia conforming to the Australian Standards Society for purity and potency. Each of these agents has demonstrated usefulness for skin conditions. However, ZymaDerm® is a proprietary, patented blend that is not absorbed into the blood, preserving an extra margin of safe molluscum treatment for children and adults.
- ZymaDerm® is safe for use in children 9 months of age or older.
- Because ZymaDerm® does not burn on application, like so many of the traditional treatments, children tolerate the application quite well.
- For children under 5 years of age, apply once a day for 10 days. If there is no sign of change after 10 days you may increase to twice a day. All others should apply ZymaDerm® twice a day.
- ZymaDerm® is manufactured in an FDA-registered facility with strict quality control standards, and in compliance with all GMP regulations to ensure uniform quality and to guarantee your safety.
What is Molluscum Contagiosum?
- Molluscum contagiosum is caused by a virus that is a member of the pox virus family. Pox viruses are notorious for their ability to evade the body’s immune system, making them difficult to get rid of.
- The molluscum virus (MCV) is quite complicated as far as viruses go, and its genome has been sequenced and mapped. Some of the proteins made by the virus actually inhibit the immune cells of the body and help to make the virus in effect “invisible” to the body. This helps explain why it may take up to 3 years or even longer for molluscum to resolve spontaneously. This length of time is unthinkable for children to endure when you consider the consequences of the outbreak.
- Often, older children will be embarrassed by the appearance of the molluscum contagiosum lesions. This may lead to withdrawal from play with other children, isolation, and feelings of self-consciousness at a time when normal interactions with other children are an important part of healthy social development.
What Makes ZymaDerm® Effective?
ZymaDerm® is a safe, natural, topical agent to aid in the treatment of rashes such as molluscum. It is plant-based, non-toxic, painless, and contains no drugs. It consists of a patented blend of soothing essential oils containing powerful, natural terpene oxides. ZymaDerm® products are protected by US Patents #7,311,928 and #7,807,202.
Can I Use ZymaDerm® On Any Part Of The Body?
ZymaDerm® may be applied to all areas of the skin, including the face and genitals. You may use it on the lips but not in the oral cavity, such as the inside of the cheeks (buccal mucosa) or on the tongue. ZymaDerm® is not caustic and it will not harm normal skin. In rare instances, occasional sensitization of the skin can result in some redness and irritation. Care should be taken to avoid getting ZymaDerm® in the eyes as it will sting. If this should happen, flush with lots of warm tap water. For molluscum bumps near the eye, one customer used the flat head of a pin (not the pointed end…ouch!) to apply enough ZymaDerm® to moisten the bump, but not so much that it runs off into the eye. ZymaDerm® is NOT TO BE TAKEN INTERNALLY as it contains iodine.
Will ZymaDerm® Always Work?
Nothing works all the time for everyone. ZymaDerm® is a safe molluscum treatment that has a remarkable success rate above 84% to clear the molluscum on you or your child. Will the molluscum bumps return? All treatments, including ZymaDerm®, treat the visible bumps. Nothing will get rid of the skin virus, except the body’s immune system. This may take months to 2-3 years. In the meantime, new bumps may appear. However, the subsequent outbreaks of molluscum are generally less severe and become less frequent over time. Treat new lesions with ZymaDerm® as soon as they are visible for a speedy resolution.
Is ZymaDerm® FDA Approved?
ZymaDerm® is manufactured in the USA in an FDA-registered and inspected facility. It meets or exceeds all cGMP requirements. As required by the FDA, we post the standard disclaimer:
The FDA has not evaluated this product or these claims. ZymaDerm® is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
ZymaDerm® is labeled as “homeopathic”. However, please note that ZymaDerm® is a topical formula and as such, the ingredients are NOT INFINITELY DILUTE as with most oral homeopathic preparations. ZymaDerm® is fully registered with the FDA. We meet or exceed all FDA requirements regarding manufacture and sale of a homeopathic remedy, and conforms to the standards of the Homeopathic Pharacopeia of the United States (HPUS), a compendium recognized as both official and authoritative by the FDA. Each of the active ingredients in ZymaDerm® is stated in the Pharmacopeia to be useful as an aid in the treatment of skin rash conditions. If a drug-free agent is listed in the HPUS for treating certain conditions, a product containing that agent may be marketed for those conditions without new FDA approval. The approval has already been granted for those agents listed, as long as the concentrations used in the product are within the specified limits. ZymaDerm® meets these criteria as specified in the HPUS. While ZymaDerm® is FDA approved as a homeopathic formula, that is different from stating that it is FDA approved as a specific treatment for molluscum.
What If ZymaDerm® Doesn’t Work For A Patient?
If after 4 weeks you see no changes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further evaluation or options. If a return is needed our Customer Service will provide the necessary information to allow the return and refund. Must be returned no later than 3 months from the date of purchase.
What are the ingredients of ZymaDerm for Molluscum?
Tea Tree Oil (M. Alternifolia), Canola Oil, Clove Oil, Lemon Myrtle (B. Citriodora) (Citral), Fractionated Coconut Oil, trace amounts of : Silver, iodine, Echinacea, Thuja.
Is the manufacturing facility NUT FREE?
No. ZymaDerm is manufactured using equipment that also processes items containing tree nuts, peanuts and gluten.
Who is considered an Authorized seller of ZymaDerm brand?
The list below represents the main authorized sellers. For up-to-date list contact our customer service.
- Amazon USA – seller name: ZYMADERM
- Canada- FeelGood Natural Health
Why is it important to buy only from authorized sellers?
Only products bought directly from authorized sellers comply with the company’s quality systems and is eligible for its Satisfaction Guarantee policy.
What is ZymaDerm Authorized Sellers Satisfaction Guarantee Policy:
ZymaDerm is firmly committed to providing our customers with safe and effective products sold exclusively through our website and our Authorized Sellers. Our policy is to provide a money-back Satisfaction Guarantee for any product purchased directly from our website, or from an Authorized Reseller, when accompanied by a receipt or proof of purchase. If you purchase a ZymaDerm product from an unauthorized reseller your Satisfaction Guarantee will not be valid.
A Note Regarding Amazon.com: Although we are pleased to offer our products through Amazon.com, not all Sellers who sell through Amazon.com are Authorized Sellers of ZymaDerm. When purchasing ZymaDerm products on Amazon.com, it is important to note where the product is being “shipped from and sold by,” which is stated clearly in the header for each product. Only products offered on Amazon.com under the Authorized Reseller name “ZYMADERM” are eligible for our Satisfaction Guarantee. Products purchased from an unauthorized seller on Amazon.com may be counterfeit, used, or defective and are not genuine ZymaDerm products. Please ensure that you only purchase ZymaDerm products from an Authorized Reseller. For more information about our Satisfaction Guarantee, please contact us directly here.
A note: Warranties are non-transferable. Second-hand items, including sales from websites such as eBay and Craig’s list, are not covered by our manufacturer’s warranty